Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mucus Plug and Other Things You Never Knew About Being Pregnant

A friend of mine and here husband are talking about starting a family, but her biggest fear is the pregnancy itself. Of course I am living proof that you can go through a lot of comlications and still come out with a beauliful and healthy baby at the end, but it got me thinking. There was so much about being pregnant that no one told me about until it was too late.

  • I knew I would get fat, but I did not know that my feet would too. And I'm not just talking about swelling. They got WIDER too!
  • Two words: linea niga - I had a happy trail that rivaled my husband's. And facial hair and back hair.
  • Speaking of back, oh did mine hurt. I expected as much at the end, but in the first trimester? 
  • I thought I had experienced heart burn before getting pregnant, but I was wrong. It felt like I had swallowed lava.  
  • It's a known fact that pregnant women are emotional, but if I had known the blubbering wreck that I could turn into without notice...I probably should've worn a warning label Warning: May burst into uncontrollable tears for no reason! Seriously. I cried once because the toilet paper was out.
  • And of course there is the mucus plug. I think i could've gone without knowing about that.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should write a book. Call it "What to Really Expect When You're Expecting. The Gritty Reality" :)

    ReplyDelete