Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Some Things Never Change

It's summer time and watching Miss B. at play I think back to my own summer adventures, When you're a grown up summer isn't as special and exciting as it is when you are a kid. Most people don't take summer off from work. The bills certainly don't take summer off. But when you're a kid summer has a kind of magic, and watching my daughter, it's kind of infectious. Even with all of today's modern technology, summer still means swimming and barbeque's, tan lines and skinned knees. As the kids get older it will mean family vacations and camping trips too. It makes me feel a little nostalgic, and a little sad because I know that all too soon my kids will grow up and loose that innocence. For now though, we are having a great time!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I agree! I think we are becoming nostalgic for summer, in part because of our own childhood memories, and in part because we now live in a face paced, high tech world. (Cute pics!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful for my kids (and grandkids). They keep reminding me about what's great. And summertime is the best of all! Here's to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love summer! We are in the process of making great memories and summer traditions for our girls.

    ReplyDelete