Saturday, June 1, 2013

Dust if You Must


Photo: Dust if you must....
I came across this poem on facebook, and it really struck a chord with me. I spend so much time trying to be perfect. I get stress when the house is messy, stressed when Miss B is too bouncy (and since she's four that's always), stressed when I feel like I'm getting nothing accomplished. But then I read this and I think, my kids are so unhappy when I'm stressed, but when I DO manage to relax and just let things be, everything is great. Having happy kids - isn't that accomplishing something? Can just spending a day playing with them being considered doing something? I know it's not New Year, but this is kind of a resolution of mine. To relax more and be able to just let things be as they will.

3 comments:

  1. Relax and spend time doing more important things:
    ... The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
    But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
    From 'Babies Don't Keep' by Ruth Hulbert Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen both of these floating around for a while. Lovely... Although I admit to not being as house-proud as I should or could be I can say I do tons of stuff with the kids :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you. I used to drive myself crazy doing the housework, ignoring the babies begging me to pay attention to them. Now, I actually will take a nap when they do. And it's all the books said it would be. :)

    ReplyDelete