Monday, May 6, 2013

Terrible Twos?

If the twos are considered terrible than what are the threes? Tantrum throwing threes? Torturous threes? I LOVED the twos with Little Miss B. She was funny and sweet....and then like someone flipped a switch on her third birthday she wasn't so sweet anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still love my daughter dearly, but over the past year I have felt a few other emotions towards her too. I'm sure my difficult pregnancy, and then the birth of her brother during this time might have made things a little harder. Soon she will be four and I'm hoping the switch will flip again. One of the reasons I opted to be a stay at home mom was I had fantasies of raising my daughter and imparting all of my knowledge to her. I had dreams of us baking, and my teaching her to knit and sew and garden and cook. Basically I wanted to be the stay at home crafty version of the Gilmore Girls. So far, it hasn't quite worked out that way. We spend most of our time with me standing there just bewildered and absolutely speechless by something she's done.  So I have my fingers crossed for the fours. Fabulous fours maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Aw man! I've heard some stories about toddlers being terrible. Thank God it's just a phase! Sooo not looking forward to it. But hey you never know,maybe four will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete