Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Wal-Mart Rant

First of all, let me explain that in some places of this country, Wal-marts aren't as big of deal, and there are plenty of other options. But here, in southeast TN, Walmart is a way of life. I'm serious. There is one off EVERY exit and they are HUGE and open 24 hours. They are referred to as "Wally World". As a person on a budget, there aren't a whole lot of other choices, and they are all big corporate conglomerates anyway. And lets not forget Sam's Club - Walmart's version of Costco, where you can buy everything from sugar to condoms buy the pallet. They even sell gas. I LOATHE shopping there. I feel like even when I "save" I loose. Like everything made for Wal-Mart was made cheaper to start with. What's the point of only paying a buck fifty for a bag of lemons when they are going to be growing penicillin three days after you bring them home..which is exactly what happened and ignited this rant. I told Miss B we would make lemonade today, but when I got up this morning, the lemons, which looked fine yesterday, were covered in green and white powder. It's like that with almost all produce I buy from there - which is not alot. But since lemons don't grow well here, I have to buy them. Or not, I guess we don't HAVE to drink lemonade. Or we could buy it pre-made. But I know this, and yet I continue to shop there.  Isn't the definition of insanity repeating the same action and expecting different results?.......Aaaand end rant.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, I feel you. The produce there is the worst. It never holds up, and we have a humidifier thingie in our fridge. They've run almost every other grocery store out of town, except for one. Which, of course, is more expensive. sigh...

    ReplyDelete