Sunday, April 14, 2013

Four Year Olds Make Terrible Liars

Little Miss B. has gotten to the age where she is testing her limits. Yesterday I went down into the basement to put a load in the dryer. I always leave the door open, of course, so I can hear all the shenanigans going on upstairs. I was just finishing up when I heard the door to the basement slam. When I get to the top, it was locked. She had locked me in the basement. I grabbed a screwdriver from my husbands tools and easily unlocked to door. I then hunted down my daughter who was hiding from me. 
"Did you lock the door?"
"No!"
"Don't you lie to me. How did it get locked?"
'I didn't mommy I PROMISE!"
"Do not lie to mommy. Why did you lock the door?"
"I DIDN'T! IT WAS LIKE THAT ALREADY IT LOCKED BY ITSELF!"
By this point she was getting hysterical because she knew she was in trouble. She proceeded for half and hour to try to convince me that the door was already locked before I went down. Four year olds make terrible liars.











1 comment:

  1. Everyone makes a terrible liar! I always say to my husband and son. Don't even bother lying I can smell it on you.

    ReplyDelete